[column width=”ten” position=”first” ][/column][column width=”five” position=”last”]Tour the School
SLKF provides a Catholic education for its students in an environment that fosters academic excellence and Gospel values. We seek to educate the whole child in preparation for a Catholic secondary education and life’s daily experiences.
What SLKF offers
- Nurturing Environment
- Rigorous Curriculum
- Certified Teachers
[column width=”ten” position=”first” ][/column][column width=”five” position=”last”]
Little Crusaders Program
We offer a nursery program beginning with 6-week-old babies and also a program for 1 year olds. The members of our staff are experience caretakers and provide a very loving, nurturing and safe atmosphere for our little ones. We recognize and understand that their early years are formative years of learning. We work with each child to foster growth in all areas of development. Our SLKF “Little Crusaders” program is filled with wonder and excitement.
Classes employ the following skill-building practices
- Provides a print-rich environment
- Develops phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge
- Integrates reading readiness and pre-writing skills through age-appropriate, practical activities
- Introduces mathematical concepts, such as one-to-one correspondence, number recognition, sequencing, number words, sorting, graphing and patterns
- Nurtures an environment rich in social/emotional readiness situations so that each child can achieve a sense of self, take responsibility for self and behave in a prosocial way.