First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to the Little Crusaders Early Childhood Program at St. Louis King of France Catholic School. We thank you for entrusting us with the care and development of your child. The Little Crusader Program strives to be at the forefront of care and education. We take great pride in our Little Crusaders Program. Above all, we care for, nurture, and love every Little Crusader in our program. Our added curriculum for PKO, PK1, and PK2, along with Spanish, Music, P.E., and Library classes, sets us apart and has proven to prepare children for their next big step into lower school.
Here at St. Louis King of France:
- Your child will grow socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically with the support and care of their teachers.
- Young children are given the predictable daily routines they require to develop appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Children will learn through meaningful, hands-on experiences.
- Children will develop a variety of age-appropriate developmental tasks to increase skills in all areas of development including thinking, reasoning, speech/language, and fine/gross motor skills.
- We believe that play is the work of young children. Preschoolers learn from a variety of teacher-directed, child-initiated learning activities.
- We strive to provide a safe and supportive, well-organized engaging environment that encourages children to play, interact and share with each other.
- The classroom environment will encourage the curiosity, exploration, and discovery of children for them to develop into life-long learners.
- Our teachers are caring, patient, creative, and supportive of all the needs of the children by understanding and respecting that each child has their own growth rate and individuality.
As a mother of an SLKF student that has benefited from the Little Crusader Program and the director of Early Childhood at St. Louis King of France, I strive to improve the program daily and watch our little ones develop their minds and spirits for their coming years in lower school. I personally look forward to getting to know your preschoolers and your family over the next year! I am open and welcome to any feedback you may have. If you need any assistance throughout the year, please contact me and I will be happy to help you in any way possible.
Director of Early Childhood Education
St. Louis King of France Catholic School