First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to the Little Crusaders Early Childhood Program at St. Louis King of France Catholic School. We thank you for your interest in our program, and for entrusting us with the care and development of your child. The Little Crusaders Program strives to be at the forefront of care and education. We take great pride in our program, and care for, nurture and love each and every Little Crusader at SLKF. Our added curriculum for PreK1 and PreK2 sets us apart and has proven to prepare children for their next big step into lower school. Our infants also get the added benefits of teachers introducing baby sign language, reading books and working on art projects together amongst other fun and exciting activities.
In the SLKF Little Crusaders Early Childhood Program:
- Your child will grow socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically with the support and care of their teachers.
- Young children are given the predictable daily routines they require to develop appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Children will learn through meaningful, hands-on experiences.
- Teachers will present a variety of age-appropriate lessons and activities in the classroom.
- Children will cultivate skills in all areas including processing, reasoning, speech/language and fine/gross motor.
- We believe that play is the work of young children. Preschoolers learn from a variety of teacher-directed, child-initiated learning activities.
- We strive to provide a safe and supportive, well-organized and engaging environment that encourages children to play, interact and share with each other.
- The classroom environment will inspire curiosity, exploration and discovery, encouraging children to blossom into life-long learners.
Our teachers are in tune to and supportive of the needs of the each individual child. Teachers understand and respect each child’s own growth rate and individuality.
As the Director of Early Childhood at St. Louis King of France, I strive to improve the program daily and enjoy watching our little ones develop their minds and spirits for their coming years in lower school. I look forward to getting to know your preschooler and your family over the next year! I am open and welcome to any feedback you may have. If you need any assistance throughout the year, please contact me and I will be happy to help you in any way possible.
All my best,
Stacie Bourgeois, Director of Early Childhood Education